June 13, 2010

Time for a little vacation

Now that baseball is over, summer, even if it’s not officially here, is here. And that for a sportswriter means a little down time before the SEC media days starts in — how long is it? — a little over a month. So the blog regrets to inform you that I’ll be on vacation this week.

What are my plans? Well, I don’t want to give away too much, but I’m planning a cross-country expedition to “Walley World” in my brand new Antarctic blue super-sports wagon, complete with a CB radio and optional rally fun pack. I haven’t checked the “Walley World” website lately, but I’m sure it’ll be open.
ANYWAY, short of the conference’s completely refiguring themselves and Auburn joining the Big Twelveten I won’t be posting much, if at all, next week. But I will be back after that, trying to scrap together some summer stories until football is back on everyone’s radar.

1. Enjoy your time off!

Comment by Frank from HSV — June 13, 2010 @ 3:38 pm

2. Just be carefullwho you skinny dip inthe pool with! LOL Enjoy, you've earn'ed it.

Comment by JoeinFP — June 13, 2010 @ 7:16 pm

3. Have a great time and be safe. You have the best site reporting on AU sports.

Comment by auballard — June 14, 2010 @ 12:27 am

4. Enjoy your time off! You have earned it by giving us the best Auburn site in The Net. Thanks!

Comment by ExKnightMike — June 14, 2010 @ 12:24 pm

5. Huh? Until football is back on everyone's radar? You aren't from around these parts, are you? ;-)

Thanks for your great AU sports reporting. You certainly deserve a vacation.
    I hope you are enjoying Wally World. Please give the Griswalds our regards.

Comment by Tar Heel Tiger — June 17, 2010 @ 9:57 pm

6. Any cross-country family road trip has the potential to digress into a Griswold-type experience. Hope you handle those opportunities better than ClarkG.

Comment by Hoopie — June 18, 2010 @ 5:08 pm