Auburn got its fourth commitment in the last week Tuesday when Miami Beach, Fla., wide receiver Ricardo Louis said he’ll sign with the Tigers in 2012.
The 6-foot-2, 190-pound Louis, who visited Auburn during Big Cat weekend recently, is a four-star recruit according to Rivals, Scout and 247Sports. He is the No. 24 wide receiver in the country according to Scout.
He picked Auburn over offers from dozens of schools, including Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Miami and Ohio State.
Louis played quarterback last year for Miami Beach High, but he’s projected as a wide receiver at the college level.
Louis joins defensive lineman Darius Philon (Prichard, Ala.), offensive tackle Shane Callahan (Parker, Colo.) and cornerback Joshua Holsey (Fairburn, Ga.) as players who committed in the last week.
He is Auburn’s eighth commitment for 2012. Here’s the full list. Ratings are by Rivals:
- Shane Callahan, OL, 6-6, 277, Parker, Colo. (Chaparral High), 4-star
- Michael Flint, OL, 6-4, 303, Oxford, Ala. (Oxford High), NR
- Joshua Holsey, CB, 5-9, 171, Fairburn, Ga. (Creekside High), 4-star
- Darrion Hutcherson, ATH, 6-7, 245, Dadeville, Ala. (Dadeville High), 3-star
- Ricardo Louis, WR, 6-2, 190, Miami Beach, Fla. (Miami Beach High), 4-star
- Cassanova McKinzy, LB, 6-3, 220, Birmingham, Ala. (Woodlawn High), 4-star
- Darius Philon, DE, 6-2, 265, Prichard, Ala. (Vigor), NR
- Zeke Pike, QB, 6-5, 220, Fort Mitchell, Ky. (Dixie Heights High), 4-star