Auburn third baseman Dan Gamache, as expected, signed with the Pittsburgh Pirates on Wednesday, ending his college career.
Gamache, a junior who was a surprise sixth-round pick, got a $125,000 bonus to go pro. He batted .299 with 5 home runs and 29 RBIs for Auburn last year. He’s likely to be assigned to the State College (Pa.) Spikes, the Pirates’ short-season affiliate.
Gamache was one of six Auburn players and four signees who were drafted earlier this month.
Here’s who has signed (where they are assigned and bonus if available listed at the end):
- 3B Dan Gamache, Pittsburgh Pirates, 6th round, State College Spikes (expected), $125,000
- C Tony Caldwell, Florida Marlins, 24th round, GCL Marlins
Here are Auburn’s unsigned players as of Wednesday night:
- RHP Clay Holmes (signee), Pittsburgh Pirates, 9th round
- SS Casey McElroy, San Diego Padres, 11th round
- RHP Derek Varnadore, Florida Marlins, 17th round
- RHP Bradley Hendrix, Tampa Bay Ray, 22nd round
- 1B Kevin Patterson, Toronto Blue Jays, 30th round
- OF Ryan Tella (JUCO signee), Minnesota Twins, 34th round
- RHP Rocky McCord (signee), Minnesota Twins, 39th round
- OF Colton Davis (signee), Houston Astros, 50th round