Young, a 6-foot-5, 292-pound prospect from Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., had a little bit of a hiccup earlier in the day when Georgia accidentally posted his bio online as one of the Bulldogs’ signees.
A big guy with movement skills, Young will need to add some size and strength to be a contributor early on, but he’s a big get for a class that is stockpiling offensive linemen.
- Committed: Feb. 1, 2012
- Recruited by: Jeff Grimes
- Also considered: Georgia, Florida
- Rivals: 9 position, 74 national, 14 state
- Scout: 5 position
- ESPN: 8 position, 61 ESPNU/150, 14 state
- Quotable: Young said nobody — not his coach, not his mom — knew where he was going to go until he announced it on ESPNU.
And here’s a scouting report on Young from Scout.com’s Chad Simmons:
Young is an easy offer guy in 2012. He has the size you look for, he has long arms, he is very flexible, and he gets off the ball well. He can pass protect and run block and he has a very high ceiling. You can improve his balance and his strength at the point of attack. He needs to hold his blocks longer, keep his feet under him, and just get better at the point of attack. He moves well and he’ll continue to develop physically.