Auburn offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler has reportedly spent most of the spring evaluating quarterbacks, and he eventually settled on Johnson, an athletic two-sport star who may also play basketball for Auburn after leading Carver to the Class 6A state championship.
On the football field, Johnson completed 72 percent of his throws for 2,432 yards and 24 touchdown passes in 2011. He also rushed for four touchdowns.
With Johnson’s signing, Auburn has its second offensive commitment in the 2012 class. Receiver Earnest Robinson has also committed to the Tigers.
Auburn 2013 Commits
- Jarrad Davis, LB, 6-2, 210, Kingsland, Ga. (Camden County), NR/NR/3
- Jimmy Hutchinson, P, 6-2, 175, Kennesaw, Ga. (Harrison High) NR* — top-ranked kicker in class
- Jeremy Johnson, QB, 6-5, 215, Montgomery, Ala. (Carver High), 3/4/4
- Trey Johnson, LB, 6-1, 220, Lawrenceville, Ga. (Central Gwinnett High), 4-star/4/4
- Carl Lawson, DE, 6-3, 245, Alpharetta, Ga. (Milton High) 4-star/4/4
- Dee Liner, DE, 6-2, 255, Muscle Shoals (Ala.) High, 4-star/5/4
- Kamryn Melton, DB, 5-11, 176, Dothan (Ala.) High, 3-star/3/3
- Earnest Robinson, WR, 6-3, 200, Pinson Valley (Ala.) High, 4-star/4/4
- Cameron Toney, LB, 6-3, 225, Huntsville (Ala.) High, 3-star/3/4