By landing Jackson’s verbal commitment, Auburn now has 10 commitments for the 2013 class, and more could be on the way as the Tigers wrap up Big Cat Weekend.
AuburnUndercover.com and Rivals.com reported the news first.
Jackson, a key player on a Lovejoy team that went all the way to the Class 5A state final last year before falling to Tucker, had offers from more than 10 schools, including Arkansas, South Carolina, Missouri, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt.
A three-star prospect, Jackson caught 16 passes for 151 yards and four touchdowns last year.
Auburn 2013 Commits
- Jarrad Davis, LB, 6-2, 210, Kingsland, Ga. (Camden County), NR/NR/3
- Jimmy Hutchinson, P, 6-2, 175, Kennesaw, Ga. (Harrison High) NR* — top-ranked kicker in class
- Arshad Jackson, TE, 6-6, 239, Hampton, Ga. (Lovejoy High), 3/
- Jeremy Johnson, QB, 6-5, 215, Montgomery, Ala. (Carver High), 3/4/4
- Trey Johnson, LB, 6-1, 220, Lawrenceville, Ga. (Central Gwinnett High), 4-star/4/4
- Carl Lawson, DE, 6-3, 245, Alpharetta, Ga. (Milton High) 4-star/4/4
- Dee Liner, DE, 6-2, 255, Muscle Shoals (Ala.) High, 4-star/5/4
- Kamryn Melton, DB, 5-11, 176, Dothan (Ala.) High, 3-star/3/3
- Earnest Robinson, WR, 6-3, 200, Pinson Valley (Ala.) High, 4-star/4/4
- Cameron Toney, LB, 6-3, 225, Huntsville (Ala.) High, 3-star/3/4