BY RYAN BLACK | email@example.com
AUBURN, Ala. — Auburn was able to keep one of the best players in Alabama inside the state’s borders.
“Officially committed to the … Auburn Tigers,” Racean Thomas tweeted from his personal Twitter account on Friday. The 2014 running back prospect is one of the most highly-touted players in his class. Scout gave Thomas a five-star rating, while both Rivals and 247Sports awarded him four stars. All three sites have him among the top-10 running back prospects in 2014.
Thomas ran for 1,768 yards and 24 touchdowns last year along with nearly 200 yards receiving and two touchdowns.
The 5-foot-11, 198-pound running back becomes the 14th commitment of the Tigers’ 2014 recruiting class.
AUBURN CLASS OF 2014 COMMITS
- Deshaun Davis, LB (Vigor High School, Prichard, Ala.)
- Raashed Kennion, DE (First Coast High School, Jacksonville, Fla.)
- Devaroe Lawrence, DT (Georgia Military College, Milledgeville, Ga.)
- Chris Laye, TE (Lambert High School, Suwanee, Ga.)
- Jakell Mitchell, TE (Opelika High School, Opelika, Ala.)
- Derrick Moncrief, S (Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, Perkinston, Miss.)
- Kamryn Pettway, RB (Prattville High School, Prattville, Ala.)
- Nick Ruffin, CB (St. Pius X, Atlanta, GA)
- Racean Thomas, RB (Oxford High School, Oxford, Ala.)
- Justin Thornton, DE (Vigor High School, Prichard, Ala.)
- Stanton Truitt, ATH (Monroe Area High School, Monroe, Ga.)
- Sean White, QB (University School, Miami, Fla.)
- D’haquille Williams, WR (Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, Perkinston, Miss.)
- Tre Williams, LB (St. Paul’s Episcopal School, Mobile, Ala.)